Thursday, April 3, 2008

Windblown and Scattered

We've been experiencing 80km/h winds for two days now, in spite of the seemingly spring sunshine. In the words of the immortal Pooh, it's a"Blustery Day" indeed.

And as with so many things, my brain seems to be scattered by the wind, or at least that's what I'm blaming it on. Could also be that the beginning of my week was insanely busy both at work and home, and now I'm just brain dead from it all. Either way, focus and creative thought seem to have abandoned me completely today. Did I mention I'm also feeling extremely old, surrounded as I am with twenty somethings all day? Old, scatterbrained, and tired, sounds like the end is most certainly near!

It isn't, of course, but thank God the weekend is. Since I'll be working the two weekends after this, I've specifically booked these two days to do ME stuff in an effort to keep me going through the madness that is sure to ensue. Could be housework, could be sleep, could be reading, will definitely include eating - mundane by many standards, but blissful by mine.

Most desired at this point is the luxury of waking up without an alarm, and rolling out of bed at my own pace. Even if I end up out of bed by 9, at least it was by my own choice, because I was ready to be up, not because someone else required it of me. The coziness of my bed on cold windy days like this makes leaving it seem like the ultimate sacrifice, something definitely not undertaken lightly, and often requiring a serious talk with myself to even make it possible.

Well, now I'm ready for bed. Unfortunately, it's only midday and I'm at work. Oh Bother!!

On an energetic note, I have gym plans tonight, in spite of my laziness right this moment. Maybe the exertion will shake loose the cobwebs, although you'd a thought the wind would have done that already....

No comments: