When I named this blog originally, I didn't know what I was going to write about, and couldn't come up with a name I really liked, so I just went with "The Quirky World of Carrie". I've decided to change it.
On an episode of Mad About You I saw years ago, they lost their dog, Murray, and the one that was returned to them, although visually identical to Murray, wasn't him. They claimed to know it because he just didn't have that certain "Murrayness" about him. I've always liked that description, for those moments when you can't quite say what makes someone unique, they just are.
Given most of my blogs seem to focus on my voyage to discovering what makes me me, I'm renaming it "That Certain Carrieness" - at least for now : )
1 comment:
Hi, Carrie...
I'm glad to see you're writing more often. I think there's definitely an element of self-discovery to it that's often overlooked in exchange for the idea that all writing has to be perfect.
I am sampling your astronaut peaches right now. That sounds dirty but it isn't. They are the texture of the sharp end of a Bugle, and taste like a peach-flavoured candy which may or may not have gone through the washing machine in the pocket of your favourite pair of shorts.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/grammardog/IMG_1878.jpg?t=1213804749
Bea Arthur feels rather dispassionate about them, also.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/grammardog/IMG_1879.jpg?t=1213804794
Verdict: Scratch "astronaut" off career list.
Post a Comment