Saturday, September 27, 2008

Note from the Road (or the air, really)

Ok, so I'm sitting in the Toronto airport on my way to Orlando, killing time with a painfully slow Wi-Fi connection.

Random thoughts on the trip so far:

- People are oddly chatty on 6am flights on Saturday mornings. My guess is because they're all on vacation so sleep deprivation is irrelevant.

- All mornings are better when started with a grande chai latte : )

- I love personal screens on planes. Traveling Tv - honestly, can't get much better!

- All of the security and baggage people in To were in really good moods this morning, and were downright PATIENT. It was surreal.

- Downside to flying to Orlando: many MANY kids also flying to Orlando, about to meet Mickey for the first time. So far their excitement level is tolerable though, so it's all good.

- Upside - I'm almost as excited as they are : )

In summary:

Number of times I've been hit on today: 2

Number of times I've been felt up: 1 (ok, so it was the airport security woman in TO, but I still think it counts! I was once again "randomly selected" - I felt so special LOL)

Being told mid-Customs interrogation that you have pretty eyes: Priceless. And also odd, although he wasn't at all creepy. Given I'm working on less than 4 hours sleep and no make-up, I thoroughly enjoyed it LOL The same cannot be said for my encounter with the baggage guy with the accent (I'm guessing Jamaican) who told me it was his "burdday" and that's why all the "prurdy" ladies were going through his line...ew! Made me want to hear more from my fan in customs!

That's all for now - time to pack up before we board! I'm looking forward to a nap and finishing Sex in the City - the pilot on the way here was rude enough to turn off the system before I finished the movie!!

Love to everyone at home!!!

No comments: