y name is Carrie, and I'm a plant-a-holic. It's been 24 hours since my last plant purchase. I felt the urge today, and even made it all the way to Farmer Clem's, but I resisted. I know I can't give into temptation but.....I WANT THEM ALL!!!!And Joe is a complete enabler! Just last night he honestly said the words "You'll never hear me complaining about you spending money on the gardens." I think we both need rehab!
Pansies and dahlias and impatiens and SO many perennials....
how a girl is supposed to stay within her budget this time of year is completely beyond me. I start dreaming of what plants will go in which garden (to further prove my addiction, I currently have the choice of planting in no less than 6 garden areas on our tiny property!) and when I can't find an existing space for what I see, I start making plans fo
r planters, window boxes, and more gardens! We added three backyard gardens and an extra planter on the front porch last year alone, and if I followed my urges this year there would be a garden along the whole back fence, not to mention the thoughts of digging up the small strip of grass between our driveway and the neighbours! Oh, and I've got spots on three of the four corners of our deck waiting for planter boxes to be built....I need help!
how a girl is supposed to stay within her budget this time of year is completely beyond me. I start dreaming of what plants will go in which garden (to further prove my addiction, I currently have the choice of planting in no less than 6 garden areas on our tiny property!) and when I can't find an existing space for what I see, I start making plans fo
r planters, window boxes, and more gardens! We added three backyard gardens and an extra planter on the front porch last year alone, and if I followed my urges this year there would be a garden along the whole back fence, not to mention the thoughts of digging up the small strip of grass between our driveway and the neighbours! Oh, and I've got spots on three of the four corners of our deck waiting for planter boxes to be built....I need help!As if the draw of the usual garden assortments weren't enough, I recently discovered the yummy smells of herbs, and now want to create an herb garden planter on the back deck. This urge was definitely NOT deterred when I discovered chocolate mint, and herb that, when rubbed, gives off a mint-patty scent so delectable it makes you want to lick your fingers after touching it!
I discovered that heavenly herb while cruising that aisle looking for plants appropriate
for my other new discovery and obsession - wait for it....A CAT GARDEN! Yes, I said it, a garden just for my cats! I read an article on the concept yesterday, and thought it was just so Purrfect I couldn't resist! You plant catnip, cat mint, cat grass and other cat-friendly plants to encourage your feline friends to frequent a certain part of your garden. While this is appealing from a pure "love to spoil the kitties" perspective, it also has a practical theory behind it, being that you plant them their own garden so that they'll be drawn away from your gardens (and those of your neighbours!). But mainly I just love giving them a place to call their own : )
for my other new discovery and obsession - wait for it....A CAT GARDEN! Yes, I said it, a garden just for my cats! I read an article on the concept yesterday, and thought it was just so Purrfect I couldn't resist! You plant catnip, cat mint, cat grass and other cat-friendly plants to encourage your feline friends to frequent a certain part of your garden. While this is appealing from a pure "love to spoil the kitties" perspective, it also has a practical theory behind it, being that you plant them their own garden so that they'll be drawn away from your gardens (and those of your neighbours!). But mainly I just love giving them a place to call their own : )Yes, I realize I've officially gone off the deep end, which is why I walked away from Farmer Clem's sans
purchase. I'm determined to create a plan that fits my pretty much non-existent gardening budget before buying any more growing delights....but at the moment I'm excited to distraction at all the possibilities, so focusing and prioritizing this year's plans is proving somewhat impossible. That being said, I do feel slightly calmer having gotten these thoughts written down. I think (and my boss would agree) it's time to shift focus back to work and postpone my final planning until calm has been restored. Maybe that will happen by the fall...
purchase. I'm determined to create a plan that fits my pretty much non-existent gardening budget before buying any more growing delights....but at the moment I'm excited to distraction at all the possibilities, so focusing and prioritizing this year's plans is proving somewhat impossible. That being said, I do feel slightly calmer having gotten these thoughts written down. I think (and my boss would agree) it's time to shift focus back to work and postpone my final planning until calm has been restored. Maybe that will happen by the fall...
No comments:
Post a Comment