Monday, May 26, 2008

Minimal News and Backyard Ramblings

Well, apparently there's nothing like a pledge for soul-baring truth in blogging to stop a blog in it's tracks! LOL

Seriously though, I was shocked to realize how long it had been since I wrote my last entry - seems like just the other day. Where did May go exactly?

Nothing much new to report here. I've been doing some gardening in the few minutes the sun has managed to meet up with my time off. Joe and I have more plans than money for our backyard again this year, but it's always fun to sit and imagine all the great possibilities. Top on this year's list is tearing down the leaky shed and creating a closed-in spot under the deck for all of the shed contents, and trading gravel for grass at the top of the yard. Oh, and fixing the stairs and staining the deck. Mostly very practical, functional projects. I, of course, also have visions of new plants in the existing gardens, and a new garden area and shrubs along the back fence, but I'm not sure all my wishes will happen this year. And if they did, what would I have to dream about next spring? Eventually we are going to run out of yard to renovate, after all : )

The only other new item in my world is that I'm finally taking the plunge back to running. Knowing my lazy tendencies well enough, I've rejoined the running class I took last year to get me started again since I haven't gone running since last July. A friend is taking it with me and I'm pledging to get my extra runs and some gym time in each week until at least the end of the 8-week class. Wish me luck!

This certainly hasn't been the most interesting of posts....I'll have to think up something more profound for next time.....

No comments: