Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to School Resolutions

This year.....this year will be different.

Ok, so I know I'm not actually going back to school, but there's something about this time of year that always makes me want to start fresh. For me, September is much more motivating than New Years, no matter how long it's been since I sat in a classroom.

So, that being said, I've decided to focus my world on the following 5 projects (in no particular order):

1. Getting back to my WW points with my eating. I'm not joining the official club since I never used to go to meetings anyway, but I'm going to start tracking again so I get back under control. I'm going to the gym more too, but I'm not going to make that an official priority until I have the food thing down. All in all, I want to be healthier and stronger (and if 30lbs fell off in the process I wouldn't complain...)

2. Keep the house clean/create some sort of cleaning routine. Ok, so maybe it starts with "clean the house" and then moves into maintenance. Either way, I'm tired of needing advance notice before allowing anyone to enter safely. Plus, I get a lot more done when the chaos at home doesn't suck the life out of me, leaving me on the couch mindlessly watching a documentary on a topic I don't care about, or the same episode of Family Guy I've already seen 17 times this week.

3. Be more motivated. At work and with some volunteer things, I need to stop wallowing and just do. Procrastination will no longer be my middle name!! (starting next week, of course :) This category also includes improved punctuality and organization (also to start next week)

4. Manage our finances. I was on a role for a while, getting us out of a serious financial hole. Now things are much improved, and I've relaxed - a bit too much I'm thinking. I've got to get back on top of things so we don't end up in crisis ever again.

5. Take time to breathe. Or bead, scrapbook, garden, read or just be quiet with myself. I need to nurture my creative side, my spiritual side, and all those other neglected sides of me that keep me calm and sane, and that only I can grow and protect.

Writing all that out helps solidify the ideas. Makes things seem manageable, like they're all part of one big plan instead of feeling like a mountain of individual tasks impossible to tackle all at once. Plus, now I'm accountable to everyone who reads this. No pressure, right?? Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, those are great resolutions! I think I'll follow in your resolution footsteps (I can relate to every single one of them!!). I agree with the September/New Year's thing too.