Three months ago if you'd suggested I start a blog I would have laughed. I never really understood why people would feel the desire to share their thoughts with the masses.
Fast-forward to December, when my previously anti-tech friend Aimee announced the birth of her very own blog! Assuming it was part of her new job-related ventures into the land of technology, I laughed and accepted this new addition to my favourites list, but didn't think much more of it.
Then a few days ago, I decided to check in on Aimee's blog, and spent the next few minutes catching up and laughing like crazy! I was suddenly transported to NF and reading the type of random thoughts we would normally share over a cup of coffee, when it hit me - I need my own blog!
After laying in bed last night with sheer blog-brilliance writing itself in my head (which didn't survive until morning of course!) I decided to go for it. Let's face it, I'm rarely at a loss for words. I have thoughts and views, lots of them, that I inflict on those around me on a regular basis - requested or not. This way I can share the thoughts as they come, be it 3 am or noon, and you can read them at your leisure.
Now, as I have been so quick to point out to Aimee, I understand that there is a level of responsibility that comes with this new endeavour. So, I'm going to set the stage so we all know what to expect as we go forward. I may not update this blog everyday, but I pledge to write on a fairly regular basis. And not surprisingly, this blog is not likely to comment on deep political affairs, subjects of great concern to world peace, or even topics of interest to the majority of people. I pledge only to blab whatever happens to be on my mind in the moment, be it mundane or insane, and to ramble on as I please - mainly all the joys of me in person, but online : )
So, enough of the preamble. Brace yourself people - Carrie has a blog!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You Rock!!!
Hey, Carrie! Nice to see you online... it'll make it easy to catch up! I keep a Livejournal, which is a sort of blog, and I love it. I mostly like to fill it with horrific photos of Michael Jackson and things that would horrify my family.
Post a Comment